Monday 24 January 2011

Christmas hangover

Although the festive season is behind us I have been completing a Christmas crochet project as I knew if if was left until next December it probably wouldn't happen.

Inspired by a pattern by Pip Lincolne over at Meet Me At Mikes I set out to crochet some baubles as Christmas gifts in 2010. I started out with some pretty nasty cheap silver baubles, so adapted the design to give them fairly solid crocheted jackets made from a deep red double knit cotton.  


Eventually I tracked down some clear baubles and was able to try out a version of the original pattern.

During January I decided to set about my stash of leftover baubles and finish them in preparation for next year (yes I know).  I also spotted some very cheap black baubles in the sales so tried them out with pale blue crochet cotton, these have a completely different feel to them and I really like the effect. 


Now that I have completed my task I don't know if these baubles will be for gifts, selling, or decoration, I'm just happy I can box them up ready and move on to the next thing.


2 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas baubles! And this is a big compliment coming from a Jack-Skellington-type-of-person such as myself! They remind me of the work of Portuguese artist Joana Vasconcelos.

    http://www.haunchofvenison.com/en/index.php#page=home.artists.joana_vasconcelos

    ReplyDelete